• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What a week!

ok its been a looong week. i had my surgery on Monday the 10th and by Wednesday i had such bad diarrhea and was dehydrated so they had me go get checked and i have a bloody C-Diff infection! in the hospital i went and have been here ever since in stupid infectious disease quarantine! ok complaining out of the way thank you for listening. now for my question. I am currently sitting here with my very first bowl of cream of wheat and im terrified to eat it cause i have no idea what hungry/full feels like and i don't want to get sick, puking would not be fun with the current state of my "rear affairs". Any suggestions or descriptions of what full feels like owuld be much appreciated, thanks, jen

Grammie-I sure hope you didn't wait for a reply to eat your cream of wheat *LOL* I'm thinking you'll be able to eat about 1/4 cup. You'll know "full" when you get there. Make sure to stop immediately, do not take that one last bite. Also, eat slowly allowing a minute or 2 between bites. Enjoy!!!

Proudgrammie i am so sorry to hear of all the difficulties you have had this week, i will pray whatever has caused these issues in your body to leave in jesus name. Seems like they would have given you some type of anti-dirreaha med in hospital or recommened what is safe for your body, i can't believe they would give you cream of wheat (thinking it might also clean out your body) i quess all i can think of is good o'le chicken noodle soups that our grandmothers always cured us with.
I too have wondered the ? Do we feel full and how do we trick our minds into not thinking about food non -stop?
I get mine done tommorow was orginally scheduled for today still waiting for nurse to call and confirm my times etc for tommorow.
Praying for healthier days for you with no more complications
donna

I also had surgery on the 10th. But actually didn't have any movements til after I got home. Still bothers me on my right side sometimes when I get out of bed ( burning) but believe that's common. I've got a little issue with my bowels still being loose but haven't gotten benefiber yet. I've lost about 11 lbs. since surgery. Haven't taken any pain meds since yesterday. Hope you're feeling better jen Diana

Back