• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

what do I need

Hi guys

I need to know what are somethings you wish you had at the hospital. I am starting my packing but have no idea what I need to bring with me. Of course my laptop so I can post after the surgery but what other things would help make the stay easier? Also, are there any items I should stock up on and have waiting at home for later. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I live almost two hours from the hospital so sending someone home for items will not be an option. Please help me out here what did you wish you had with you or were so happy to have around?:confused:

Less is more, pack a change of skivvies, your C-pap, tooth brush and paste. I would leave the laptop at home.

Cheers

I agree with dcepello. Hospital is a time for recovery, and hopefully you won't be there long enough to miss your "things". The only thing I ever wished I had during any hospitalization is more clean underwear. I always take a comfortable tshirt and shorts or loose pants in case you can get rid of that awful hospital gown. Not always possible if you have an IV.

Last edited:
Sounds great
the list the lady at the pre-registration gave was long
robe
walking shoes
slip on shoes
pillow
stuff for hygiene
lip balm
notebook and pen for writing down questions
phone with charger
baby wipes
meds

I am having the rny and will stay two nights so I want to be prepared but I didn't want to take more than I took on a weekend get away

Cheers to all

I took my laptop, as I was in for two days, and would have been bored stiff without it. A good book couldn't hurt and the items recommended by the lady at preregistration.

Frank

:cool:

I am having the Gastric Sleeve on Monday. The nurse told me to bring a heating pad - she said it works wonders for the post op gas pain. I guess as the gas dissipates it can be very painful, she actually said it was the pain that patients complain about most. So, I'm definitely packing a heating pad!

Back