• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

working lunch

OKAY Help needed.

I was just informed that the halls are being waxed at the school so we are having a working lunch. My co-workers don't know I had surgery however, my friends do. Here is the the real problem, I am still on a puree diet. What can I eat and be okay. I guess I could pack a protein shake incase I can't figure something out. We are going to a authentic mom and pop mexican restaurant so menus are not online. Ideas would help. At this point I am not sure what kinds of food I can eat and be okay. I knew this would happen but was hoping that it would be after the puree phase. Only 9 more days of the baby food stage and I can chew again. :confused:

I would take a shake and enjoy every sip, and also some water or crystal lite or tea. None of their business in my opinion. You don't even have to explain.

Thanks Javajoy

The newness of planning ahead can be a pain sometimes but it is worth it. I think I will go on a full stomach and have water. I feel funny bringing in drinks to a restaurant. Can't believe summer is almost over and time to go back to work full time. May have to practice a routine for water and exercise during the work schedule as well.

Glad to hear you had a good time. I'm with Dennis, I love refried beans and eat them whenever we do Mexican for lunch.

Frank

:cool:

I agree with the guys, refried beans is my go to mexican meal. They were the first soft food I ate. If anyone is nosy enough to ask you why your not eating the mexican carbs, tell them why! Be proud that you took the step to make yourself a healthy person! I don't shout it out to the world, but if I'm asked, I tell, hoping I'm a positive influence on them some way some how!

So glad to read this post. I also work at school and will be going back soon. I also opted to not let anyone in on the fact I was having surgery. When I go back, I will be on pureed foods which is ok, only the amount will be what I am sure I will be questioned on. Don't know how I will handle that, but will think of something. One of these days I will let people know what my choice was, but not now. My Dr. suggested that I not tell, so that is what I am doing.

Ednalee

I will probably be having a protein shake for lunch when school starts back. One of the reasons I am in this shape is because I never took time for me. I would skip breakfast and lunch then become out of control in the evening. I am planning my first few weeks carefully and putting a fridge in my classroom. I am leaving nothing to chance this time. I don't care who I make mad I am taking my lunch break for me that includes food and a short walk to help me keep my head in the game. I already have people calling me anti social because I don't participate in the desert fest they love to have or the excessive lunches but that is fine by me. When I was walking the halls last year as exercise more than once someone would stop me with a donut in their mouth and ask what I was doing to lose weight. I just reply join me on the walk and let's talk about it. No one ever joined me but they had the rumor mills going. I have promised myself to take care of me because I deserve to be healthy and happy.

Best wishes
Sharon

Sharon,

Sounds like we have a lot in common. I am the HS Secretary, and I didn't always take time for a proper lunch. Don't know why, just didn't. I am working on a game plan, and hope to have it in place when I go back. I will drink my water, get protein and for awhile have cottage cheese, or something on my list for lunch. It will be easier when I am introduced to solid foods again. Like you I am in this for me. Keep in touch, good luck to you!

Ednalee

I teach math and most days my lunch is tutoring or going to a data meeting. We have to keep a plan no matter what career we have. I love what I do but there came a time when it hit me if I don't take care of me things are going to get bad and quick. Keep in touch on this journey, it is always nice to have someone who understands the specifics of what one is going threw.

Sharon

Back