• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New here

Hi I’m Roxanne. Surgery date 10/8/19. SW 240.6 CW 230.6 should be starting soft foods tomorrow. A little nervous about eating. Don’t want nausea or pain. Any suggestions on what is easy on stomach besides protein shakes?
Welcome to the group Roxanne! Transitioning from one stage to the next can definitely be scary. I am 2 weeks in on soft foods. I have made some egg muffins (you can also search crustless quiches) that I eat in the morning. For lunch I have been having a taco bake that is simply ground turkey seasoned with taco seasoning, zucchini, black beans, refried beans, and cheese on top. And dinners have been changing but I started with scrambled eggs with cheese and ham. No matter what you decide to eat, just make sure you are taking small bites, chewing them to the consistency of applesauce, and eat slow. You may come across things that don't sit well with your stomach, but there is no knowing until you try it. Everyone is different. Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions :)

Hi I’m Roxanne. Surgery date 10/8/19. SW 240.6 CW 230.6 should be starting soft foods tomorrow. A little nervous about eating. Don’t want nausea or pain. Any suggestions on what is easy on stomach besides protein shakes?
Hi Roxanne. Congratulations on your surgery and your weight loss so far. :)

I'm with miss, the most important thing is small bites and chew, chew, chew, chew! :) For this stage my nutritionist also suggested shredded chicken or turkey in gravy, a mashed up meatball in tomato sauce. Gravy/sauces are your friend because of moisture at this stage. Plus it makes the mashed up meats more palatable.

Good luck & please keep writing! :)

Hi Roxanne,

My surgery was on the 9th so we are at the same stage. Scrambled eggs with cheese has been good plus I have been eating baby food. Just the fruits and veggies. Someone told me that the meat is disgusting and I refuse to purée meat. It makes me nauseous thinking about it.

When I don’t eat slow, there is a consequence to pay. You feel like you have to burp but you actually throw up. This feeling usually last an hour or two. Make sure to chew your food also.

Hi Grammy, I am so proud of you. It is so important for you to notice how well you are doing all the time. And thank you for asking how I am, but I'm not going to reply because I've already written long sad tragic posts about all the horrible things that are happening in my life. And yesterday I went on a bender. I spent too much money, I bought rolling tobacco and made myself a cigarette, and I even bought some marijuana in a pipe, even though I haven't smoked pot since 1970. I am searching for something that will soothe me but nothing is coming. I'll straighten out again pretty soon, or maybe I won't. In any regard I tell you this only because the surgery did not change my life to the point where I no longer had organic depression. I have PTSD and that is well documented, and that's just something I have to live with. Still, the surgery was the best thing I ever did for myself, and it is my Oasis of joy in a dark dark world.

Back