• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Trying to figure out 40lbs weight gain

DEW7

I had Ruen Y Gastric Bypass surgery. I'm 18 years out loss 280 lbs But over the last 8 months, I've gained 40lbs. I had open heart surgery May 2020.Im looking at possible BP medication and/or premenopause. My eating habits and physical activity are the same. I'm very seldom hungry but I make sure I stay on task. Just frustrated right now. I'll be going to my PCP and OBGYN to get some answers.

Last edited:
.getting all your doctors on the same page sounds like a great plan. Don’t forget to include your bariatric team too. My husband had heart valve repair surgery in Oct 2021, he was admitted to hospital yesterday with almost all the same symptoms/problems he had before his Oct surgery. First ideas are replace the valve, today the doctors are looking at the meds and side effects as a possible cause. For years the local clinic put all the focus on his kidney saying he was diabetic and in renal failure(the clinic has never said what stage of renal failure he is in) his A1C most diabetics would dream to have. The heart dr he is under at the hospital today is looking at his meds and how they interact with his heart and kidney. He even says they may avoid replacement of the heart valve surgery. You are on a good path to better health and success, keep up your research and stay informed.

Back