• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

6 moth post op

For me, if I don't plan and prep, I'm more likely to backtrack. Restaurants add fat and sugar in copious amounts. That's why it tastes so good.

I meal plan and prep. I make a menu and buy only the groceries on my list. Then I come home and prep my breakfasts and whatever snacks, veg etc that can be prepped. I bought a bunch if 1/2 cup containers and fill them with pudding, an ounce of nuts or cheese cubes, cold veg salads, whatever. I don't always use the individual containers anymore, since I am not currently working. So I don't have to pack my meals to go. But I DO keep a scale and my measuring cups right next to the fridge.

Its pretty simple once younger used to it. I eat mostly the same breakfast, lunch and snacks for a week and I like not thinking about it. I have a busy life, as I'm sure most of you do. I'm not trying to make 4-6 food decisions a day.

Here's an example of my menu and prepping for this week.

Breakfast: I prep 5 days of overnight oatmeal and eat it everyday with a latte.
1 C Banana 1 C low sugar Greek vanilla yogurt 2 C high protein milk 2 C rolled oats 1/4C dark cocoa powder. ( I get cranky without my oatmeal lol)

Snack: homemade chickpea dip eaten with radishes and cucumber slices. I soak and cook my own beans but you can use canned. Clean and slice radishes and keep in baggie with a damp paper towel. Dip is chickpeas, garlic, balsamic and a bit of olive oil on top.

Lunch: Turkey wrap. Deli turkey, Swiss cheese, dijon, lettuce, red onion.

Snack: Cucumber Salad I dice cucumber, zucchini, red onion, garlic, shred carrots and mix with light Italian dressing.

Dinner always makes at least 2 meals. I slow cooked chicken and salsa with black beans. So we'll be doing 2 days of chicken tostadas.

Poached Eggs and turkey sausage is dinner for 2 nights. (Hubs out of town and poached eggs are mine and my moms FAV!!)

2 days of BBQ Pork with slaw.

My kids come by once a week so day 7 is usually pizza YAY!

Any leftover chicken or corned beef will be used for wraps instead of turkey.

I shopped and prepped today. So the rest of my I don't have to think about what I'm eating or feeding my family.

Back