• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Been a while...checking in

NanaG67

Hi everyone! It has been some time since I have been here, but thought I would check in and give you all an update. Things are going pretty good in the weight department. At my TOPS meeting last week I have entered the Century Club In Waiting; which is for those who have lost a hundred pounds and they have to keep it off for 52 weeks to become a century club member and receive a medallion for it. My highest weight recorded in TOPS was 296.25 and as of Dec. 13 I weighed in at 195 with a total loss of 101.25!

Still have trouble some days eating, but I know my limits. I still cannot drink dairy products, but may take a sip of milk every once in a while. I eat as much protein as I can get in, and drink as much as I can. I eat pretty much most things, though some things I still cannot handle. I have trouble with bread sometimes, and I cannot do peanut butter unless its like a little pb cracker or something. Tuna and me get along, though sometimes I have to be careful. Rice is still a no no, but I may have a spoonful once in while.

The easiest thing on me to eat is salad, and I love my salad, though it does require more trips to the bathroom, but to eat what I like, it is worth it.

Last trip to the doctor was due to pain just below my rib cage, they were considering an ultrasound to check my gall bladder, but we tried some other things first. And I found that it was really due to me not taking my Omeprezole. I still don't take it like I should, but I am very careful how I eat and most days dont have the problem.

On another note, things have been rough here financially, my husband was denied his workmans comp because they said the hernia was pre-existing and it could have happened at any time. We are in the process of moving in with our son and daughter in law and putting our property up for sale. Hoping that all goes smoothly. I will try and stop by more often and check in with you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!:cool:

Nana67
hi it was great hearing from you, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR GREAT WEIGHT LOSS.....yeah
sorry to hear about the finanical stuff you are being faced with. Never give up hope miracles do still happen sometimes not as fast as we would like. I pray the miracle you and your family needs happens soon.
Enjoy your Christmas and New Year as a NEW YOU, you're conquering the weight battle with much success, happy for you.
Merry Christmas & may 2013 hold the miracles you need.
Donna

Thank you Karenina, I am really feeling good most of the time. The only thing is I am unable to get off of my blood pressure medications. I am no longer on Metformin for my diabetes, but I still take 4 blood pressure pills a day along with an antidepressant and diazapam for anxiety.

Congratulations on your weightloss! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
I was taken off my Diabetic Meds as well.
Sorry to hear about the issue with workman's comp and I hope things work out for you and your family.
Carol

Back