• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Can't Smell a Thing :-(

Hello Friends,

Sorry that I haven't been posting lately. I miss reading all your posts. My back hurts and it is difficult for me to sit at the computer. I am concerned that it has been 2 1/2 months since my Roux en Y bypass and I still cannot smell anything. The night before last my husband put ribs in the over at 8:00 pm and around 1:00am I kept hearing a buzzer sound. My husband had fallen asleep and the oven alarm was going off. Thank goodness the oven temperature turns off automatically but I could not smell anything and the ribs were burnt to a crisp :( This scared me to near death. I have an appointment with my neuro surgeon next month and I will ask him. Please let me know if any of you are experiencing the same condition. Good luck to all of you on your weight loss journey!!! Hugs, Nancy

Nancy that is scary. I had the RNY in October and never experienced a loss of smell. Definitely need to have that checked out. Let me know what the Doc says.

Frank

:cool:

Nancy, wow I just had my surgery about 2 months ago too, but this never happened to me either, I hope this all turns out to be nothing for you but I would go and get it checked out.

Back