• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Checking in with everyone

NanaG67

Hi everyone! I know it has been a while since I have been on here. I am doing ok for the most part. The weight is coming off, I am at 61 lbs lost. I eat what and when I can. Mornings are rough, if I have sinus drainage, I cannot eat until I get my pouch clear, otherwise I am throwing up slimy mucous along with whatever I ate. I still cannot drink protein, but I eat as much protein as I can. I am having issues keeping my blood sugar levels up. This morning at 3:30 it was 79, so I ate a little tuna. I was told that the more protein I eat it will help keep my sugar levels more even.

Anyone else having these issues?

It's going to be a long weekend, my husband is going to have surgery today for a bilateral inguinal hernia. So, I will be staying at the hospital with him.;)

Nana, congratulations on your weight loss! I'm sorry your having a time with the protein. Good luck with your husbands surgery.

Polo, congrats on your surgery date!

Nana-good to hear from you again. And I am sending well wishes your way for your husband's surgery recovert :) make sure to let us know how he is doing.

About your blood sugar lavel of 79, it's within the normal range so you are doing great. Keep up the good work!!!

Hi Gloria. Good to hear from you:D Congratulations on the weight loss, you must be feeling better now. I hope all goes well with your husbands surgery, my thoughts and prays will be with you both. 79 is not to bad of a blood surgar 80 is ideal but give or take 5 points is good. To bad you can't tolerat the protien shakes but as long as you can get your protien in you will do fine. I like the shakes just because they are easy and quick plus I like the taste. Check back with us soon. :cool: Tom

Hi all. My husband's surgery went just fine. He has 3 small incisions on his abdomen and it is swollen, he is in some pain but otherwise doing fine. He got to come home Friday night because he was finally able to urinate. He walked around a bit yesterday, but I think he overdid it. Today he has pretty much stayed in bed, he has gotten up a few times t use the bathroom and he even came out onto the porch for a few minutes. But I think he is really tired. He ate so much food Friday after surgery, I was like, how can you keep eating? He had coffee, apple juice, 32 oz of water, two servings of tuna casserole and 2 servings of carrots, a tuna sandwich, bag of chips, a 3 musketeer bar, then had catfish with hush puppies, coleslaw and fried okra, all between 5 and 9 pm.

I had just the catfish with a handful of okra and a few bites of coleslaw. I did have some chips earlier in the day and a 1/2 a taquito. I am finding that I cannot eat if my sinuses are draining, as my pouch gets filled with mucous and anything I eat makes me sick to my stomach and I end up throwing up anything I ate plus all the mucous.

Yesterday was my granddaughter's birthday party, she turned 3. We had a good time, I ate a few chips, iced tea, some sausage, but most of it went to my dog. I even passed on the cake and ice cream. I am still finding I cannot tolerate much dairy, I do drink almond milk though and that seems to be ok, but I limit myself to how much I drink, maybe just a small amount in some gluten free cereal once a week. I also limit my coffee, maybe 2-3 cups on the weekend and that is it. I cannot eat white rice, I can do flavored rice, but only like a teaspoonful. Macaroni doesn't bother me, but regular noodles do, which is weird to me. I hardly eat any bread at all, so not worried there.

No, I don't take anything for my blood sugar, but am still on my blood pressure medications. If I wasn't having the back issues, I think I could exercise more. I do try to walk as much as I can, but after so long my low back starts killing me. My chiropractor says I have issues with my SI joints, facet joints and sciatic nerve. This prevents me from exercising, so I take things one day at a time.

Back