• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I got the call today!

JennyWill

Hey everyone,
I got the call from my surgeon's office today and July 9th will be my big day. My all-day pre-op will be on June 28th. What a rush of emotions I'm having right now. Now it all seems very real and I am so glad I made this decision and started the proccess when I did. Thank you all for your encouraging words and advice thus far. I'm sure I'll have many, many more in the coming days and weeks. Thanks again.

Congratulations. Make sure to write down questions as they come to you so you wont forget what to ask the doctors. :cool: Tom

Thanks everyone. And Tom, I have a good list of questions going for the doctor and another list for the nutritionist. My surgery date did conflict with my husbands work scedule so I have a call in to reschedule, hopefully we can still get it done before August. Ill keep you posted :).

My husband has been saving his last 2 vacation days just for my surgery. He gets 2 weeks, and he usually saves them for the week surrounding our anniversary and whatever he may need. So this time around it is for me.

I'm sure you have tons of questions, please feel free to ask any of us, we will help if we can, and if we can't then we will help find an answer for you.

Congratulations jenny
i know you are excited, happy for you. Still waiting to get my phone call from surgeon's, do you have to do any special diet before surgery????
Donna

Hi donna, from the general info packet I received, it looks like I will have to do a liquid diet the week before surgery to shrink my liver, and a clear liquid diet 24 hours prior to surgery. My pre-op date is now set for July 19th, so I will get more specific details then. Have you heard anything new? I hope you're doing well.
-Jenny

Hi Jenny Will

yeah...... happy for you wish my date would come up soooooooonnnnnnnnn, i know you must be nervous happy and having mixed emotions, i wish you much success, please keep us informed how your're doing and how long did it take you to get your surgery date?
last time I saw surgeon was first week of May, called the office last week and they haven't returned my phone call so I keep praying it comes soon like july at the latest.
somedays i want to say shuck it, but reality hits me in the face when I don't like what i see in the mirror, I need this tool to help me once in far all get this weight off and keep it off. yo yo dieting has caused me to gain loose etc. you know what i mean.
are you on any special diet between now and july 19? I know you'll do well, happy for you.
I 'll get good news soon,
Donna

Back