• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to this all

Missey

Hello....My name is Missey and I am the new kid on the block. Just about have everything ready to go and am waiting on a surgery date. I am scared but i know this is my life. Having over 150 pounds to lose and hoping it will help me with my high blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems and so on. The doctor is saying a sleeve surgery would be best for me at this time. Any advice on the better tasting products to try ?

Hi Missey, Welcome. I was off my high BP and cholesterol medicine within a week and most people are off their diabetic meds before they leave the hospital so there is a high likelyhood that you will experiance the same thing. I like the Chocorite protien shake mix or the EAS pre made when I am on the road, I have heared Unjuty is good but I never tried it. I had the RnY but the Sleeve is getting more popular with bariatric surgons, I think because there is less malabsorbtion and similar weight loss and if needed the surgon can easily convert it over to the RnY if the sleeve is not working. Hang in there. :cool: Tom

Hi Missey,

I also drink the EAS AdvantEDGE, it is low carb and has 17 grams of protein for an 11 ounce bottle. They come in 4 packs at Walmart for $4.74. I like the chocolate fudge the best, french vanilla is ok, but I don't care for the strawberry.

Unjury is good too, the vanilla is good especially if you mix it with early orange rise (similar to crystal light but the walmart brand) it tastes like an orange cremesicle. Body Fortress is ok in the chocolate, but our surgeon went from allowing it to not....so you may want to ask the nutritionist.

Also check with your nutritionist they may have samples at your surgeon's office to try, usually by Bariatric Advantage.

I haven't had my surgery yet, it's just 3 weeks away now. I am having the switch, which is the combination of the bypass and the sleeve. Good luck and keep us posted you can pm me anytime.

Gloria

Back