• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pain and incision drainage

NanaG67

Just got off the phone with the surgeon's office. They are waiting to hear back from one of the doctors it seems that nobody is available right now. I am still having pain in the left incision (large one) of course I am aware that this is normal. I have some bloody drainage after I got the staples taken out, and it has seeped through the steri strips and my bandage I applied. Had my hubby apply a fresh bandage this morning. Didn't take my lovenox injection, but they told me to stick to my routine, so I just took it. She advised me that if it gets worse over the weekend, change in color, odor or anything like that to go to my nearest emergency room. They prefer if I come there, but since I am over an hour drive, they said I could go to the nearest one and to inform them that I am a bariatric patient and give them the number to the office where they can reach one of their doctors.

Anyone else have this issue after the staples have been removed? :confused:

Not the bleeding, but the pain in the left abdomen is caused by that same incision. I was told to put ice on the incision, not where the pain is about 8 inches away. The son of a gun is very sore today, but I went for a long walk anyway. Hang in there Nana, and keep a close eye on that incision.

I was told just the opposite, to use a heating pad, and to make sure I had something between it and the skin...as if I would apply it without...lol...going for a nap, my hydro has kicked in and I am very sleepy...will take a walk later when my daughter gets home, cause I dont like to walk by myself. But I will if I have to.

I had my surgery Monday and oh do my left incisions hurt. Ice is all that helps. I was told the same thing, just do the ice and as long as the color stays good and no oozing i will be ok....Like that helps. LOL I am currently now in the "What have i done to myself stage" glad to hear it is not unusual to feel that way.

ok so i think if you increase your protein Nana it helps you heal faster and mabey you are doing too much to soon.. keep the area dry as you can .. it helped me..

Back