• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Stopping in for an update

NanaG67

Hi everyone! I know it's been a while since I posted on here. I am alive and well, though some days I really wonder about that...lol :rolleyes:. I'm just about a half lb from a 50 loss right now. It has been a little rough since I was able to eat real food, and I still have to eat with caution. And it seemed like I had slowed down to almost no loss at all, then I increased my protein via real food and started losing again.

I am still going to the chiropractor but I now have a compressed sciatic nerve and it seems that its affecting both legs, so I am in pain all the time. On a good note, I am walking a little more and have even been to a friends and have been climbing the stairs at her house.

I am still busy with school and it's kicking my butt, so I am not finding alot of time for me, but I will get there.;)

Hi Gloria, It is good to hear from you, 50 lbs is wonderful, remeber we all hit plateaus here and there too. Your doing great. :cool: Tom

NanaG67 Gloris CONGRATULATIONS ON 50 LBS YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GIRL YOU ARE COMMING RIGHT ALONG, DOESN'T IT FEEL GREAT TO HAVE YOUR CLOTHES BE BAGGY, ?
ARE YOU TEACHING SCHOOL OR TAKING CLASSES?
DID YOU INCREASE YOUR MEAT CHOICE OF FOOD OR DRINK MORE PROTEIN DRINKS AND THEN SEE MORE WEIGHT LOSS? I AM FINDING IT HARD NOW TO GET 60 OR SO GRAMS OF PROTEIN A DAY AND WONDERING HOW IN THE WORLD AM I GONNA GET 80 OR MORE LATER WITH A LITTLE POUCH ???
REMEMBER TO TAKE TIME FOR "YOU" FOR YOUR IMPORTANT AND SO IS YOUR HEALTH, HAPPY FOR YOU WITH YOUR SUCCESS BY THIS TIME NEXT YEAR YOU'LL BE AT YOUR GOAL WEIGHT AND MAYBE ALOT SOONER THAN THAT, YOU'RE ON THE ROAD TO SUCCESS. LOOK HOW FAR YOU'VE COME. I ONLY HAVE 2 WEEKS FROM TODAY TO WAIT FOR MY TURN. AND I KNOW I WILL COME BACK AND SHARE WITH ALL OF YOU MY SUCCESS FOR EACH OF YOU HAS OFFERED ME SO MUCH ADVICE AND COMFORT AND FRIENDSHIP SINCE I JOINED.
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
DONNA

Thanks Tom.

Donna, it does feel good to be in baggy clothes unless you are doing something and they try falling off of you...:rolleyes: I am not able to drink the protein, it makes me sick. I am trying to eat foods high in protein, like egg whites, protein bread, shrimp and anything else I can find. This morning I ate 1/2 an egg and 1 piece of protein bread, that was it. I was full. Last night for supper, all I had was a baked potato, didn't have an appetite and nothing looked or sounded good to me. I am finding that I can almost eat anything I want, as long as I don't overdo it. My pouch knows my limits and I know how to listen to what it's telling me. Sometimes I tend to drink water too fast, and I will get pain, so it's telling me to sip....I don't always chew like I should, but that is my fault, and I try to eat slowly, but I don't like my food getting cold, and I hate reheating it.
Remember to weigh your foods, or measure them. Use a saucer or dessert plate to eat on. I never use a large plate, because I will put too much on it. The smaller plate gives you the feeling that you are eating a large plate of food, when you really are not.
I am still having issues with exercise, I can walk, but if I walk too much, the pain is horrible. Even sitting here at my computer, with my special seat, my leg is still in pain. I guess it's time for that TENS unit again, did it early this morning.

Hello, NanaG,

Congratulations! It looks like you're doing well. Sorry to hear about your leg pain but so very glad to hear you have a TENS. Whatever did we do without them?

As to your protein intake, you must -- picture your mom or grandmom scowling (maybe) and wagging her finger at you (because she loves you) -- you must get your protein intake under control to maintain your health, and to continue your weight loss.

You say you can't drink the protein, it makes you sick. Find something you can drink. Try everything, if you must. But find something. It's out there. There are dozens of options available. Have faith that something, maybe even more than one something, will work for you. And not just be bearable, but be something that you enjoy -- or, at the very least, something you don't mind.

Ask here what people's favorites are. Ask your surgeon/nutritionist/physician's assistant/nurse practitioner, Somebody, for recommendations. Ask in your face-to-face wls support group. You are in one, right? Please? Check out other wls forums. Know that what you find might not even be mentioned by anyone else. You will find something, if only you will look.

Ahem. 'Scuze me while I climb down off my soapbox, before I fall off . . .

I try to eat as much protein as I can. I am trying to go gluten free but that is really hard. No, I am not in a support group. My surgeon's office holds one on the 3rd wed of each month, in the evening, but it's an hour drive to Dallas in rush hour traffic. I live in a small town and all the big towns where there might be support groups are at least an hour drive for me. I still look for protein but I need to make sure it isn't whey based because that is what is making me sick. Thank you for your advice.

As far as my legs, I have pinched sciatic nerves on both sides, and I can only deal with it day to day.

Donna, sorry I didn't get back to you. I am taking classes online for a BA in Health and Wellness to become a nutritionist. I am increasing what I can but it has been hard. I see you surgery is tomorrow, I bet you are excited that its finally here.

Back