• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery May 16th....

Motiv8ed

Well I haven't been on in a while but things are going really good i actually have to start my liquid diet tomorrow and do that till midnight tuesday then surgery wed. @ 10 in the morning (the Roux-en-y), I am really excited, this has been a long time coming and i know that this journey is gonna be rough but beneficial in the long run... I am glad to know that there are tons of people out there that are gonna be or are going through the same thing and i will be able to talk to people and get advice when needed or if i just want to talk or vent... :D

Hi, Thats great to hear:D My thoughts and prayers will be with you, I think I drank gallons of bullion just because I needed something with flavore like food. Hang in there you are almost there. :cool: Tom

I had to start the liquid diet last Friday and my surgery is May 25. I sure have wanted to cheet more than one time. Let us know how things are going

congratulations on getting your surgery date , prayers are going up for you. may I ask how many months it took for you to get your surgery date???
I started my journey in jan, saw surgeon last week and he said could be 2 or 3 more months, the waiting is the hard part,
come back when you feel better and share your journey.
what diet did you use to loose the weight before the surgery? I was told to loose 25 more pounds before surgery.
time to get excited your new "you" is about to be birthed and happier days are ahead for you. happy for you.
Donna

Surgery may 16th also. Was to start liquid protein may 2nd. Truthfully struggled 3days...... last sat went back on diet. Faithfully since....this has been so very very hard. Tomorrow all clear liquids to 4:30 am wed. Then surgery. I have come to believe if you can meet all the pre op reguirements your set! Still amazed of the variations in this process. Overall i think the process here has been one of the most challenging. Here it is 8wks post op before regular 4 ounce meals depending on where you are at. Best of luck..Elaine (lee0412)

Best of Luck to you both. Our prayers are with you... you'll do great. Your journey has just begun and you are not alone. God Bless!

Back