• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

surgery tomorrow morning

Cook-What a trooper you have been. You will be very successful with your weight loss. Good thoughts and prayers are being sent your way. All of us will be thinking about you tomorrow!!!

GREAT to hear and let us know how you are doing. Expect to have the gas pains and use your pain meds often so you are ahead of it, believe it, it works and the pain goes away about day 4 for the most part. We all will be thinking of you tomorrow, and "see" on the other side of this journey, WLS done!

Congratulations!!! Follow your Team's instructions and you will do fine. Heating pads work well for the tummy after surgery with the soreness and gas pains. Get an abdominal binder at the hospital it will also help.

I told my surgeon today at my last surgeon visit before my Monday surgery on the 17th. I told him that I had picked up SF sports drinks with electrolytes in it. (as one of my differant types of fluids) Your body will need it with the fluid-helps alot. He agreed.

It's all about-sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk and rest, rest, rest.

Carol

Good luck tomorrow and for an uneventful recovery. Keep us posted on your progress as soon as you feel able. You have worked hard to get to this point. Joy

Back