• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Things I can't wait to do

I have been reading on other blogs where people post things they cannot wait to do after weight loss. Here are some of mine. I hope everyone shares their thoughts.

Jogging I miss going for a morning run to reset my patience level and clear my head

ride in the back seat of the truck and use the seat belt

get on the floor and play with the grandson

Go on vacation and participate not just watch other have fun

shop and not have to worry about sizes

not worry about fitting into booths, seats and other tight spots

What are some things you wish for or have achieved.

Hi Cal,
I hope you achieve all your goals!
I can't wait until I feel comfortable having pictures taken of myself.
I do enjoy being able to purchase smaller size clothes :)
Good luck on your WL journey. Hugs, Nancy

I share some of the ones already posted. I also look forward to sitting in a restaurant booth without needing to push the table out, I've always wanted to be able to go for a jog but have never been fit enough to do so, and I'm really looking forward to kayaking again. I have a sit in kayak that I bought a few years back and haven't used it in two years because I am too afraid to see if I can squeeze into it. I pulled it out a couple of months ago and cleaned it up really well and it made me so sad to have to put it right back up without being able to take it out on the water. Nancy, I do not enjoy having my picture taken at all either. I usually try to avoid the camera at all costs. It's terrible because I have two little ones and one day I know I will look back and regret not having more pictures with them, but hopefully that will be changing soon. Take care everyone. I'm looking forward to seeing more responses :).
-Jenny

CALQL84HEALTH,

Great question. So far I'm back to running, I've done one 5k and have my next 5k planned. In fact we are raising money for Habitat for Humanity, just click on the link if you'd like to donate. Also I've taken scuba lessons and want to get certified so when we take our trip to the Caribbean in the winter, I can go diving. I'm looking forward to ziplining with my wife, never done that. I've actually taken my shirt off at the beach and went swimming. Oh, I went to a store to buy shorts for the gym and was mad because they didn't have my size, they were all TOO BIG! Lastly I noticed that I have "Saggy Knees", yes the skin on my knees sag, but only when I'm doing a "plank". Funniest sight I've seen so far.

Frank

:cool:

I cant wait to be able to take my rings off. Not that I want to take them off and leave them off, but just to be able to get them off and have my fingers not look like they are being smooshed all up!

I can't wait!

To fly COACH again. A first class ticket costs me an entire paycheck! Also how about NOT needing the seatbelt extender?

My sister has lived on the East coast for 7 years and I have only visited her once. I can't wait to fly out there and see her new place! Fingers crossed for next summer!!!

;)

NOT having to buy Plus-size clothing.....or not just ordering out of a catalog, because the store doesn't have much in your size!!

Not feeling horrible every time I have to have my picture taken for my job.

I'm visiting my hometown for my 25 year class reunion at the end of this month and I can't wait to see the look on some old friend's faces since I'm 75 pounds lighter than the last time I was home! :)

Other that that, just feeling better and healthier has been a great reward!

I can't wait to buy I car I really like, not just the one I fit behind the wheel of.

I can't wait to wear one of my wonderful husband's shirts to bed. Maybe the sexy "ARMY" one!

I can't wait to take the steps at work without sounding like I'm dying when I get to the top!

I can't wait to wear a hoodie from my kid's school! I never have.

Thanks, CalQ for reminding me what I'm doing this for!

Back