• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello!! New girl from PA :)

I'm half-way through my insurance company's 6 month pre-op period, should be ready to go by August or September. My surgeon has asked that I maintain my weight throughout this period, which is definitely do-able. I'm slowly cutting out caffeine and looking forward to the headaches stopping. :) How's everyone doing?

Hi PittieMama, Welcome. I remeber not having coffee I slowly stopped and never got the headaches though. After I was all healed up about 3 months post op coffee tasted so good. So don't worry eventually you will be able to have coffee again:D. You are almost there, time will fly by. :cool: Tom

hi...i am practicing all my pre op instruction also. this includes crushing my meds put water or whatever they go down best with. trying to increase fluids is so important. need to check with pharmacy about what is crushable. welcome

I was told that I could have whole pills as long as they were no bigger than an M&M. I take one at a time and space them at least 5 minutes apart. No problems except if I take 2 at the same time. Won't be doing that again *LOL*

Hi PittieMama, Congrats on hitting the halfway point. I have also kicked the caffeine and have been making some other small changes that were recommended by my medical team, as I loke ot call them, lol. I've been trying out some of the protein shakes and working on getting the 64 oz of fluid, which is a bit more difficult than I thought it would be. As of now, when I know I'm behind, I'll just chug a bit of water to catch up and I know full well that I can't do that post op, so I need to work harder on sipping and drinking consistently throughout the day. Welcome to the boards! I am fairly new myself, but I have found to be an amazingly supportive place and I enjoy it very much. Good luck and keep up the good work, your 6 months will be up before you know it! Take care.
Jenny

Just in case you didn't know, your protein shakes, popsicles, Jello, etc., count towards your daily fluid requirements :)

I too am trying to watch what I am doing. I was told to use myfitnesspal to track everything, but sometimes I forget to track. I have a hard time with liquids sometimes, as I can't always get the fluids down and sometimes I tend to chug my water. I too know that I can't do this post op. Still trying though.

Back