• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

REGAIN SUPPORT THREAD

day three. my focus with losing regain is the following:
1) bariatric multi taken at night (i get sick to my stomach on them so taking them b4 bed helps)
2)water 64 oz
3)protein and veggies
4)at least 30 minutes of movement if i cant get my 10,000 steps in
5)need to add a good calcium supplement (any suggestions that do not break the bank?)
6) meal prep work lunches 2x a week (breakfast is a protein shake-i never was a big breakfast eater)

tonight i did a lot of walking around. my grandchildren had soccer tonight so did a lot of chasing little ones on the soccer field. in a little bit i will do a work out video from you tube. youtube is a wonderful resource for workouts. i found yoga, kickboxing zumba, spin classes, taichi,indoor walking, weight training etc. also found free classes on zoom off of facebook. i live in western ny. our winters are brutal. its great to have free resources for exercise especially in bad weather.

dinner tonight was chichen breast smoked on my treager and leftover veggies that i roasted ahead of time. added 1/4 c of cottage cheese alfredo over the veggies. Yumm!!! last night i had tyson blackened chicken. great to have that in a pinch and a quick/easy protein for meal prep. its great for salads too. lunch was a chicken salad w/ ff cheddar and lite ranch. still have a bit of water to work on! of to do a video. have a good night everyone!
Nice!

Alright! I weighed today and my hard work is paying off. I do have to say, I miss those early days when the pounds just FELL off lol but hey .. A little loss is better than no loss. And our challenge does not have a time table. I figured 4-6 weeks at an average of 1-2lbs per week. I am down 3 so far, so I consider myself ahead of the game!

Today I rode my bike for about 35 minutes. I just follow my bike trail around but it took me about 50 minutes at the beginning of summer. Incremental progress.

Tomorrow is "date night" so we're heading out to a downtown antique fair and the hitting a comedy show. But no garbage food for me!
Missy you are doing fantastic! i am so proud of you!

update...had a rough few days. back on track as of yesterday. emotional eating threw me for a loop. i separated from my husband recently. i asked him to move out. he left end of august. it has been difficult and has been an adjustment emotionally. figured better to post here and other support groups. our daughter also has been very supportive.

part of my journey right now is that i am trying to focus more on self care . this includes staying on track water vitamins daily exercise protein first. i also started a journal, have been meditating. trying to find ways to deal with the mental and emotional side. trying to work on addressing the emotional side as if i dont i usually resort to emotional eating. my priority is basically working on changing my relationship with food and finding other ways for comfort.

spent a lot of money on myself but i needed to do so. bought myself an air fryer, some protein powders (devotion), bariatric multivitamins/and calcium (thank you Dianne! ordered the calcium you suggested.) Figured the airfryer would be great for some quick and easy high protein meals.Picked up some realgood food products (low carb chicken nuggets, low carb chicken strips) some salmon, swai, 99 percent lean ground turkey. Running to dollar tree tonight to pick up some meal prep and food storage containers and aldis for some produce and cottage cheese.

yesterday started my day with a protein coffee. lunch i had celery and a high protein buffalo chicken dip that i made with chicken, blended cottage cheese, and fat free cheddar. got some dips off of tictok/instagram as well as cottage cheese bowl recipes. can share if you like. they are quick eay and great high protein options for meal preps. dinner i had a cottage cheese taco bowl. it was taco meat using 96 percent lean beef, lettuce, low fat cottage cheese, fat free cheddar, avocado, salsa and a little diced tomato. the blended cottage cheese is delicious in this. it adds extra protein but gives you the creaminess of sour cream.

my neice and nephew have been over this weekend. another barrier is that when they come over they have a lot of junk food and other snacks. my basement is finished and we have a rec room downstairs. i made myself a snack bin with protein bars, string cheese,turkey sticks, 100 calorie pack almonds, and a couple of premier protein shakes. better to grab my snacks then to grab theirs.

exercise has been good. been doing workout videos off of youtube. yesterday was an hour of indoor walking/get fit with rick which is similar to walk away the pounds. i have a spin bike, weights, resistance bands, a step for step aerobics , yoga mat/blocks/straps, and weighted drum sticks to do pound classes at home off of YouTube. alot of stuff i bought years ago from 5below. great equipment for reasonable prices.

have a wonderful day everyone! thank you for reading my long post.

I would like to know what you did to re-start your weight-loss. I had the sleeve in 2019. I just found a great Bari-Vitamin that I can tolerate that has a probiotic in it. Covid really helped out with the gain as well as life, not taking vitamins and grazing because I am really not hungry but eating the wrong foods. Also, congratulations!
hi candy jo! so glad you joined us!! i have to agree with you. covid did not help a lot of us with the gyms closing, social distancing, isolation etc.. one of the things i am trying to do is get back to basics, protein first, water, movement, and vitamins! please join us and post as often as you can or need! we are here to support you! so happy you posted! looking forward to getting to know you trough your posts!

Ladies! Missy got the wheels turning in my head. She mentioned a 10 pound challenge. Would anyone be interested in participating in a 10 pound challenge in Oct? also thinking of starting an accountability thread for exercise for oct as well! what do you think?

Its been quite a while but we used to do monthly challenges (for those interested) Usually a basic 2 things ex. 70-80g of protein and track intake once per week. Or exercise 150 minutes a week and get 64 oz of water every day. Then each individual could add there own personal self challenge.

It just gives everyone a place to hold themselves accountable on a daily basis. So, I am down for an October challenge for sure!!

update...had a rough few days. back on track as of yesterday. emotional eating threw me for a loop. i separated from my husband recently. i asked him to move out. he left end of august. it has been difficult and has been an adjustment emotionally. figured better to post here and other support groups. our daughter also has been very supportive.

part of my journey right now is that i am trying to focus more on self care . this includes staying on track water vitamins daily exercise protein first. i also started a journal, have been meditating. trying to find ways to deal with the mental and emotional side. trying to work on addressing the emotional side as if i dont i usually resort to emotional eating. my priority is basically working on changing my relationship with food and finding other ways for comfort.

spent a lot of money on myself but i needed to do so. bought myself an air fryer, some protein powders (devotion), bariatric multivitamins/and calcium (thank you Dianne! ordered the calcium you suggested.) Figured the airfryer would be great for some quick and easy high protein meals.Picked up some realgood food products (low carb chicken nuggets, low carb chicken strips) some salmon, swai, 99 percent lean ground turkey. Running to dollar tree tonight to pick up some meal prep and food storage containers and aldis for some produce and cottage cheese.

yesterday started my day with a protein coffee. lunch i had celery and a high protein buffalo chicken dip that i made with chicken, blended cottage cheese, and fat free cheddar. got some dips off of tictok/instagram as well as cottage cheese bowl recipes. can share if you like. they are quick eay and great high protein options for meal preps. dinner i had a cottage cheese taco bowl. it was taco meat using 96 percent lean beef, lettuce, low fat cottage cheese, fat free cheddar, avocado, salsa and a little diced tomato. the blended cottage cheese is delicious in this. it adds extra protein but gives you the creaminess of sour cream.

my neice and nephew have been over this weekend. another barrier is that when they come over they have a lot of junk food and other snacks. my basement is finished and we have a rec room downstairs. i made myself a snack bin with protein bars, string cheese,turkey sticks, 100 calorie pack almonds, and a couple of premier protein shakes. better to grab my snacks then to grab theirs.

exercise has been good. been doing workout videos off of youtube. yesterday was an hour of indoor walking/get fit with rick which is similar to walk away the pounds. i have a spin bike, weights, resistance bands, a step for step aerobics , yoga mat/blocks/straps, and weighted drum sticks to do pound classes at home off of YouTube. alot of stuff i bought years ago from 5below. great equipment for reasonable prices.

have a wonderful day everyone! thank you for reading my long post.
I'm sure sorry about your marriage but love what you are doing to take care of yourself. So healthy and positive.

day 4
had a lazy day. did not want to work out so i pulled up youtube and did 30 min of yoga. did not meet my step goal but still did something. did good food wise, had a chicken cobb salad for lunch, dinner was italian chicken sausages with peppers and onions. snack i had some quest loaded taco protein chips. breakfast was a vanilla fairlife shake,
Sometimes when I just don't want to think about what to eat I grab a shake or bag of Quest protein chips. I've never been much of a planner and still struggle with planning meals. I just try to make sure I have good things around me that I can grab to get my protein in. I'm three and a half months post op.

Its been quite a while but we used to do monthly challenges (for those interested) Usually a basic 2 things ex. 70-80g of protein and track intake once per week. Or exercise 150 minutes a week and get 64 oz of water every day. Then each individual could add there own personal self challenge.

It just gives everyone a place to hold themselves accountable on a daily basis. So, I am down for an October challenge for sure!!
personal challenge thread sounds great!!! LETS DO THIS

good afternoon everyone,
had the chopped italian salad! delicious!!! had a cottage cheese taco bowl yesterday for lunch. grandkids had tacos so the taco meat is gone. oh well i guess poor me will have to make more salad lol:). almost done with 40 oz of water. if i can get another 40 oz cup down thats a bonus. but am aiming for another 24oz.
found some recipes online for low carb sushi and other type dishes. might be adding those to my menu within the next week or two. found some other recipes as well. going to try new things. i am better off in trying new healthy things than eating crap. the meal prep has been helping. along with trying new items (realgood foods, devotion protein).
been reading a lot of different articles on losing regain, how many calories, carbs, protein grams i should be eating. the thing i lost sight of was no longer following my daily habits (water, protein, movement, vitamins, tracking food, meal prep). i blew those habits off and resorted to old habits (overeating). greatful to have the opportunity to get back on track even if i messed up.
continuing with the meditation, journaling, that is helping a lot. still feeling sad but not miserable.

Keep it up Lisa! I think its amazing that you're leaning in to self care. Especially during a time in your life that it would be easy (and understandable) for you to be floundering. Most likely, the difficulties of late have led to your regain and self proclaimed lack of focus. So, don't be too hard on yourself for those times you lost sight of your goals! You're back on the wagon now.

I am really staying focused myself. We spent about 13 hours in downtown Chicago on Saturday. Going to the markets, eating out, seeing a show, having cocktails. I make sure to stick to my plan, drink lots of water and make healthier choices. I personally find cocktails can be problematic. There are so many calories and sugar. So, I stuck to wine and had an entire glass of water before I ordered another. That helped a lot, since I did not gain anything over the weekend. Which is a miracle on an entire day spent with restaurant food and drinks!! So, yay me lol

I've got my weekly menu planned and I'm ready to stay focused!

Keep it up Lisa! I think its amazing that you're leaning in to self care. Especially during a time in your life that it would be easy (and understandable) for you to be floundering. Most likely, the difficulties of late have led to your regain and self proclaimed lack of focus. So, don't be too hard on yourself for those times you lost sight of your goals! You're back on the wagon now.

I am really staying focused myself. We spent about 13 hours in downtown Chicago on Saturday. Going to the markets, eating out, seeing a show, having cocktails. I make sure to stick to my plan, drink lots of water and make healthier choices. I personally find cocktails can be problematic. There are so many calories and sugar. So, I stuck to wine and had an entire glass of water before I ordered another. That helped a lot, since I did not gain anything over the weekend. Which is a miracle on an entire day spent with restaurant food and drinks!! So, yay me lol

I've got my weekly menu planned and I'm ready to stay focused!
Missy you did fantastic!! its hard staying on track when away but you did it! one glass of wine and healthier choices!! AWESOME!!!! plus you most likely did a ton of walking too!! Amazing job!!!

thank you for your positivity and support!! you are awesome!!! glad u r posting here!!!

good evening everyone. how was your day? just doing a quick check in. i bought cloud bread already made from aldi. wasnt in the mood for shake so this morning made eggwhite low fat cheese and bacon crumbles on cloud bread. lunch was my lunchable. dinner i had real good food chicken tenders franks hot sauce and steamed broccoli instead of celery. so far have 56 oz of water and almost 8000 steps. a little more water and an exercise video away from my daily goal!

this weekend i am having a girls movie night. going to make cottage cheese buffalo chicken dip with celery and bell pepper strips, shrimp with sugar free cocktail sauce. that will be dinner for saturday. there probably will be other snacks too but not really for me. my best friend and my sister are coming to watch the show supernatural with me.

tomorrow night is going to be busy. the kids have soccer afterwork. while they play grandma will be walking around. will make swai/fish in the airfryer for dinner afterwards.

hope everyone had a wonderful day. please check in and let me know how u r doing.

I didn't track yesterday so I know it wasn't a great day food wise. Not awful just not great either. I DID go ride my bike. Not as far as normal, since it was a bit windy. But I think the wind actually gave me a better work out than going farther anyway. At least it felt that way.

My cousin is coming by for dinner tonight and I'm making Irish Stew and Colcannon. Which is YUM! It is pretty decadent but has lots of veg so it evens out.

I'm intrigued by all of the cottage cheese recipes you have, Lisa. I LOVE cottage cheese so I'm going to try looking some up online.

I didn't track yesterday so I know it wasn't a great day food wise. Not awful just not great either. I DID go ride my bike. Not as far as normal, since it was a bit windy. But I think the wind actually gave me a better work out than going farther anyway. At least it felt that way.

My cousin is coming by for dinner tonight and I'm making Irish Stew and Colcannon. Which is YUM! It is pretty decadent but has lots of veg so it evens out.

I'm intrigued by all of the cottage cheese recipes you have, Lisa. I LOVE cottage cheese so I'm going to try looking some up online.
stew sounds fantastic!! doesnt sound like a bad day either. you exercised and you were mindful of what you were eating. You did great!!!
the cottage cheese recipes i found on tictok. they are so easy especially for work lunch meal prep. Also love buffalo chicken dip so a healthy version definitely works for me. will post the links later tonight.

good afternoon everyone. tried another tictok recipe. made protein pudding. 2 bottles of fairlife vanilla (can use premier), 2 scoops of devotion angel food cake, box of sugar free pistachio pudding. makes 4 servings. 155 cal, 25 pro, 7 net carbs.
this was fantastic. tastes like desert. 1/4 is a serving. had this for breakfast. happily get to eat more tomorrow!

missy heres where i got the dip recipes on tic tok. she also gave me the idea for the pudding. i just used different flavor combos. net pudding going to be chocolate with some pb2.

(14)Sam✨ (@highway_to_health) | TikTok

feeling bingey tonight for some reason. just had some turkey pepperoni and laughing cow cheese. drinking some hot tea going to meditate and journal.

Last edited:
I love protein puddings for a dessert. It just satisfies a sweet tooth with no guilt. My most recent one is white chocolate SF pudding, fair life milk and a tablespoon of rum. ( I hate rum extract) It reminds me of a gelato flavor combo I had in Italy. So double happiness lol

Turkey and cheese are a great snack when you get binge-y. So good on you for making that healthy choice.

Back