• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

REGAIN SUPPORT THREAD

wow cant believe we are on page 3 already! missy your protein pudding recipe sounds fantastic! going it give it a try!! happy to report i did fine last night. journaled and meditated but did not eat anything after my protein snack. just had water and hot herbal tea.

this morning having another round of the protein pudding. went to the store and bought some ready made protein shakes and quest chips (was out). starting to think about meal prep for sunday using mainly what we have on hand. freezers are packed. going to make a list and a plan tonight. tonight going to go home and after work and workout watch movies with the grandbabies. saturday the kids have lego club at the library and saturday night we have our girls night.

i have equipment, access to online classes on zoom for pound, zumba, (found on facebook). lots of youtube stuff. highschool down the street is opening up the pool for open swim for 3x a week. debating between free stuff and going to the gym. the free stuff is literally the same and more conveinent. so idk.

Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. I've gotten no further with my 10lb challenge. Which I find frustrating. I've went back to tracking and I've been doing well. I think I need to add in more exercise. I haven't been getting as much movement in general lately. I love Zumba, so I may look online for that. I like to go to the Y for Zumba and Cardio Drumming, but the classes are too early or like 7pm. I might have to start getting up earlier. The weather is still nice here so I can ride my bike too. Just being lazy, I guess lol

I made way too much Irish Stew, since my cousin was coming and I wanted to send some home with her for her hubs, who gave me the Guinness. So, I'll finish out the week with Curry. Which means I already have the stuff for Pork Chalupas next week. Less grocery $$ =YAY! I'm making a double batch of that as well, since it freezes so well! I have Dave picking up cottage cheese for me, as I'm going to try your Alfredo recipe next week as well.

I've got the reminder for our OCT Challenge set, and am really looking forward to it.

good morning everyone,
accidently grabbed my veggies from my sheet pan meal prep rather than my shrimp sushi bowl :(. thankfully i have protein powder and protein bars just in case in my desk drawer. ended up drinking a proffee at lunch which fine. i usually have one at either breakfast or snack anyone. had my sushi bowl when i got home yesterday. ate dinner later but went to bed late too. just proud of myself stayed on track.
have my 40 oz tumbler ready filled with water. diane thank you again for the suggestion about the calcium. i have been taking 3 twice a day along with a daily bariatric multi. i think i will be getting the 21st century calcium from now on. i have a bottle of bariatric vitamins/calcium in my desk at work and at home with my protein powder/bars. i have no excuses.
i am probably the luckiest grandmother in the world. my daughter and my 2 grandchildren live with me. It is wonderful getting to spoil them and see them everyday. my grand daughter waits in my room everyday afterschool for me until i get home from work. spent the evening watching disney movies with both of them. we hung out until their bedtime.
going to try to do my workout today during my lunchtime at work. might head up to the fitness center on my lunch hour and eat my sushi bowl between clients. have a wonderful day everyone. hope you all are doing well!!!

Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. I've gotten no further with my 10lb challenge. Which I find frustrating. I've went back to tracking and I've been doing well. I think I need to add in more exercise. I haven't been getting as much movement in general lately. I love Zumba, so I may look online for that. I like to go to the Y for Zumba and Cardio Drumming, but the classes are too early or like 7pm. I might have to start getting up earlier. The weather is still nice here so I can ride my bike too. Just being lazy, I guess lol

I made way too much Irish Stew, since my cousin was coming and I wanted to send some home with her for her hubs, who gave me the Guinness. So, I'll finish out the week with Curry. Which means I already have the stuff for Pork Chalupas next week. Less grocery $$ =YAY! I'm making a double batch of that as well, since it freezes so well! I have Dave picking up cottage cheese for me, as I'm going to try your Alfredo recipe next week as well.

I've got the reminder for our OCT Challenge set, and am really looking forward to it.
missy check out facebook and youtube. facebook has cardio drumming and zumba on zoom for free. i can send you info if you like.

good morning everyone,
had a job interview yesterday. it is for a promotion at work. i think i did well but you never know. keep me in your prayers. been doing so much better on everything. i wore a dressing on my interview that was previously tight. my dresses that i wear for work are getting baggy. exercise is going good. been utilizing youtube and live zoom workout classes. sometimes i go walking too. free swimmimg starts saturday at the local highschool and will be open 3x a week . i love to swim.
food is going well. meal prep is helping for lunch. i am no longer buying garbage from the newstand. dinners i have plans but honestly sometimes i am not in the mood for what i planned. on those days i always focus on protein and veggies and still make healthy dinners.

Last edited:
HELLO EVERYONE! MY NAME IS LISA. I HAD GASTRIC SLEEVE MARCH 2017 LOST OVER 230 POUNDS. THE PANDEMIC HIT. NOW I AM DEALING WITH REGAIN. I AM STARTING THIS THREAD INORDER TO FIND PEOPLE THAT ARE IN MY SAME SITUATION AND WANT TO GIVE AND RECEIVE SUPPORT! PLEASE JOIN ME!
Hi Lisa,
I so need this too! I'm 5 years out. Lost 90 lbs originally now looking at 40 lb. regain. I have to get on the ball and hopefully this forum will help!

Hi Lisa,
I so need this too! I'm 5 years out. Lost 90 lbs originally now looking at 40 lb. regain. I have to get on the ball and hopefully this forum will help!

Hi thomas!! so glad you joined us. please join us. there are couple of threads going here. every sunday we post a thread on meal planning/meal prep. then there is a daily habit thread where we are posting habits we are struggling with. for me its journaling my food in my app and exercise. here we literally post whatever we want. then we have a monthly challenge where we are picking a weight loss goal that we are working on and can report whenever during the month on how we are doing regarding reaching that weight loss goal. Please join in where ever you want and feel most comfortable. also feel free to post for any reason and for additional support.
many people feel weight loss surgery is the easy way out. this path is not easy at all!! we are here to help each other!! Thank you again for joining us. i look forward to getting to know you through your posts !! :)

Good morning everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful evening. yesterday prime had its sale. i ended up buying 4 cases of premier protein shakes (chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, caramel, cake batter). having the chocolate peanut butter this morning-it is delicious!!! i am now stocked up with protein powders and ready made shakes. the shakes i have on reorder every 3 months but might shorten it depending on what i use up. i usually stock up now because i live in western ny. our winters are usually super bad with tons of snow. i always stock up on extra supplies ( for pets, kids), eggs, milk, or whatever else. it is not uncommon here to be stuck in the house for at least a week and a half or longer.

tonight my daughter and i are going to dinner at olive garden. looked at the menu. they have salmon with steamed broccoli and they have chicken margarita with steamed broccoli (i usually make this into 2 meals). i avoid pasta soup and breadsticks. i usually either get water or unsweetened iced tea. eating out really isnt a struggle. there are always better options everywhere. it is nice to go out too.

thinking next pay of getting a walking pad. i might not be a bad idea to get. spending money on myself but i am making taking care of myself a priority. also not a bad idea just to have it again with our Buffalo winters.

Kristilyn: how are you doing? what have you been up to?

Missy: how are you feeling? everything ok?

Thomas: how is it going? how are you doing?

good morning everyone. received the last of the premier protein shakes i ordered. this morning i tried a shake concoction the was on the videos on facebook. you take half a packet of sugar free pineapple drink mix, 1 premier protein cake batter shake, ice, and added 2 tbsps jordans sf skinny syrup cherry. whirl it around in a blender. yumm! it was amazing. pineapple upside down cake protein shake. fantastic! tomorrow i am going to make a shake with devotion angel food cake protein, unsweetened almond milk, some pistachio and cherry skinny syrup and ice. so yummy!

tonight going to trunk and treat with my grandkids. havent weighed in yet but a sweatshirt that was skin tight is now baggy!! so thats a good sign! got the chicken at olive garden last night. i ate half of it with broccoli and had a little salad. i have the rest for dinner tonight. other than thatnothing new. hope all is well with everyone.

Hi. Everything is good. I updated in the meal thread. Eating good, resting up. Probably won't be walking this week but I'm down 1.5 pounds so that's good too. (Not hard to do with a sore face and gauze wrapped nose LOL)
Hope everyone is doing well. Welcome Thomas!
good to hear from you! glad you are feeling better! thank you for checking in! congratulations on the weight loss!!!!

good morning everyone! hope you are all doing well! did meal prep last night. cooked chicken in my slow cooker a few days ago and cut it up. out of some of it i made cottage cheese buffalo chicken dip (4 servings). love this for lunch with cut up veggie. browned some ground beef. have 2 servings of ground beef for big mac salad and made one serving into taco meat for a cottage cheese taco bowl. also have some leftover grilled pork tenderloin and 2 servings chicken fajita soup. have another package of 96 lean beef for lettuce bun burgers or meatloaf or both. i think i am pretty set for lunches and dinners this week. waiting for my temu order for the jar tops. looking forward to having salads in a jar. i have a couple of ideas for those.
yesterday i was feeling very bingey and didnt want to exercise at all. i forced myself to exercise and stayed on track anyway. had the angel food cake devotion with the skinny syrup and it was yummy. today going to make a salted caramel PeanutButter shake and fit in a pound or a zumba class. havent weighed myself yet this month but a pair of pants that i couldnt get over my hips i now can almost wear. have a great day everyone!

Back