• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

A bit miserable (RNY on Aug 2002)

This isn’t my first replacement rodeo, but this is the last big joint that didn’t have hardware in it. The right one was done in 2015 my left hip was done 2 months ago. I haven’t been able to ride for this last yr and I am not getting any younger. I had plans to ride the Keys this summer. Glad to be getting this out of the way so I can get on with the business of living

Nice to have you back for any length of time. I had my right knee replaced in 2009. It was a really hard recovery and I haven't fully recovered because it didn't heal right. Make sure you start Physical Therapy immediately and do not skip it I'm pretty sure that's the reason mine went wrong.

Group members if you haven't met Suzan before, scroll up in this thread until you see her pictures. Put a face to the name. She is a success story. So let her inspire you.
Don’t believe everything you hear...

Hi! This is my first post/reply so not sure if I’m doing it correctly or not! I’m 11 years out, almost 12 from roux en-y and having some struggles so it’s nice to see some who are quite a bit out from surgery. Was 320 at surgery date and at 193 now. Lost down to lowest of 162 and bounce back and forth 20 pounds here and there but I’m happy where I’m at. Biggest issues for me are totally do not absorb B12 so on injection every week, also do not absorb D at all which means issues with Calcium, too, so 50k of D every 7 days. Couple of iron infusions a year, but biggest struggle has been constipation. Major issue the past year, one obstruction that was not fun at all. I get daily water in but still struggle w constipation. It’s horrible! Anyone else who is 5 plus years out having these same types of issues? I don’t live in same state that I had surgery anymore, and it’s been really hard to find a provider who understands our unique issues and needs. For the first time since surgery, I’m having regrets about my choice and that’s a big downer, too.

I miss Suzan.
Hey Girl... As life does, a world of things have changed since I last posted. I know all of you can relate. It's true... no matter how we argue with it, nothing stays the same, This Too Shall Pass. Currently, I am really struggling to recover from a left knee replacement (june 12), had the left hip done (feb 22) and sailed through that. Am having a totally unexpected issue with range of motion, something that i've never experienced in joint replacement. I am so disappointed. I thought I would be back at work by now... and if something doesn't give, i'll be on the street. And secondarily, I thought I Would be riding by the end of July and that is simply not going to happen unless the universe is giving out miracles this week.
Getting back to the bariatric trauma I was experiencing prior to the surgeries some months ago around the 18 pounds that was beating me to death, somewhere in there a reset of the pouch happened. Not unexpected when there are hospital stays, some serious pain meds, a real lack of desire to eat because of all that. What blows my mind.... and something that I am tattooing on my mind is that there WAS a pouch reset in all of that. I am now at the place that I should have been maintaining all along.... that being regular meal times and Portion control (period - without fail) Now, in all fairness, I do have to say that I am still at the place where a couple bites of the correct portion is the cap and I cannot manage to eat more, but I am still adhering to the food choices that I have always had since surgery... no fat/flour/sugar combo NO MATTER WHAT. IMHO I would seriously be kidding myself if I thought that I was not going to have to give up the very foods that have always triggered the binge response in me. Why in the world would I even begin to contemplate that!!!?? Insane. At any rate, 11 of the 18 pounds is gone and falling slowly. Life is good, for now, this too shall pass.

Hi! This is my first post/reply so not sure if I’m doing it correctly or not! I’m 11 years out, almost 12 from roux en-y and having some struggles so it’s nice to see some who are quite a bit out from surgery. Was 320 at surgery date and at 193 now. Lost down to lowest of 162 and bounce back and forth 20 pounds here and there but I’m happy where I’m at. Biggest issues for me are totally do not absorb B12 so on injection every week, also do not absorb D at all which means issues with Calcium, too, so 50k of D every 7 days. Couple of iron infusions a year, but biggest struggle has been constipation. Major issue the past year, one obstruction that was not fun at all. I get daily water in but still struggle w constipation. It’s horrible! Anyone else who is 5 plus years out having these same types of issues? I don’t live in same state that I had surgery anymore, and it’s been really hard to find a provider who understands our unique issues and needs. For the first time since surgery, I’m having regrets about my choice and that’s a big downer, too.
I can completely relate to issues with a provider. I moved to eastern TN a year ago and almost all the bariatric methods have centered around the sleeve. Can't relate. Had an RNY in April 2015 by ALSA bariatric group in Fresno, CA, one of the best teaching bariatric centers in that part of the country where Drs teach other Drs worldwide. Do I miss them? like crazy. If they were remotely closer, I would travel. I am at the point of an annual visit. Something to think about. It's not like you have to be there every week. Search for a source in a metropolitan area close to you. As far as the vitamin issues, I would start doing my own research and strip down to the base metal and build up.... whatever I had been doing that wasn't working, I would do different. Like, I would start getting 20 a minimum of 20 minutes of sunshine every day the weather allowed for me for the natural bit D that you cannot be denied you and then do something totally different around the liquid calcium. I have been using Wellessee liquid that I get from Walmart (best price and free shipping over $50. I also DO NOT shop the center of my market. Real food only, no processed anything, which means outside perimeter of the store. If you truly start reading labels you will see all kinds of crap that you don't want to eat... don't recognize it on the label, don't eat it. Pretty simple. I also got stuck on eating high level protein with greek yoghurt when I was first home from the hosp and it stuck. I bought an instant pot and make my own and saved myself about $60 a month and started drinking things like blue diamond cashew almond blend unsweetened vanilla milk. It's fabulous and makes the worlds best base for protein drinks. Which B12 are you using? There are a zillion out there. Most that I found were amazingly difficult to dissolve until I stumbled onto Unjury.com They have a whole line of Bariatric centered chewable and I really like their fast acting b12. Is this a lot of work? Yep. Pain in the ass? Yep. Are you an amazing, miraculous being that is spirit filled and worthy of only the best the world can give? Yep. Don't let anything but fear and common sense hold you back!

Isn't Suze awesome? It's like a sunny day, hair flying, cruising down the backroads when she drops by. Congrats on dropping that weight the HARD way! But that's the way you roll!

I use the sublingual B complex from Trader Joe's. Melts in seconds. I get all my supplements there. Cheap and good, like a great first date, and I have the metabolic panels & CBCs to prove it.

I don't know what took so long for me to try nutmilks, but wow! Can't make a decent bechamel with almond milk, but I'm enjoying it by the glass.

Good to hear from ya. A few of our members are having surgery in July, and more in August and September. I'm sure they would appreciate your sage advice. Hang out.

Last edited:
Nice to have you back for any length of time. I had my right knee replaced in 2009. It was a really hard recovery and I haven't fully recovered because it didn't heal right. Make sure you start Physical Therapy immediately and do not skip it I'm pretty sure that's the reason mine went wrong.

Group members if you haven't met Suzan before, scroll up in this thread until you see her pictures. Put a face to the name. She is a success story. So let her inspire you.
When is your endoscopy?
We are all success stories. Mine varies minute by minute, like ,most I think, depending on what kind of movie is playing in my mind.

Isn't Suze awesome? It's like a sunny day, hair flying, cruising down the backroads when she drops by. Congrats on dropping that weight0 the HARD way! But that's the way you roll!

I use the sublingual B complex from Trader Joe's. Melts in seconds. I get all my supplements there. Cheap and good, like a great first date, and I have the metabolic panels & CBS to prove it.

I don't know what took so long for me to try nutmilks, but wow! Can't make a decent bechamel with almond milk, but I'm enjoying it by the glass.

Good to hear from ya. A few of our members are having surgery in July, and more in August and September. I'm sure they would appreciate your sage advice. Hang out.
See, this is why you are my friend... always reminding me of the things that I already knew but forgot. Trader Joes. Of course. Please be sure to try the Blue Diamond Almond Cashew blend. It's the best ever I think.

Kismet... my son was just telling me about Diamond milk this morning. Will try it but dam, that milk from TJ's is s ooooooo good.

BTW, did I understand you to say that you are making your own Greek yogurt in an Instapot?
Are you familiar with Living Beautifully by Pema Chodron?
BTW, did I understand you to say that you are making your own Greek yogurt in an Instapot?
She nailed it with the ambiguity of being human. We buy into the idea that life SHOULD go along smoothly.... a relative flat line sort of... Funny how it doesn't work that way. But she truly is a sage.
Life has not been a flat line here. having issues with the knee. Still not riding..... and lots of pain. They just hung another 12 weeks of PT on me.

I'm 15 years out
Hi Victoria! Sorry we aren't as responsive as we could be here, but Diane and I do resurface ... eventually. So, 15 years out. What does that look like in comparison to say 3 years out. Does it change? Level? Present new problems?
I grew up on the beaches in SD and miss them, but I don't miss the basic CA experience living here in TN. I never in my life thought I would say that... never thought I would ever be anything but a CA-ian. Funny how things and ideas change as we age.

Sorry you're having all the issues. I had a bout myself of anemia.... took me totally by surprise. Had a couple of infusions and changed the way that I eat. More power greens....every day if I possibly can and upped the colored everything.... real fruit juices... berry, grape ... more peppers and cabbages. Real food is the answer for me rather than depending on supplements to do it all.... I still take me and know that I will take them forever, but I put things in my body today that I know it needs and I don't eat any junk of any kind. That has helped the most.
Stick around. Diane and I need responders.

Isn't Suze awesome? It's like a sunny day, hair flying, cruising down the backroads when she drops by. Congrats on dropping that weight the HARD way! But that's the way you roll!

I use the sublingual B complex from Trader Joe's. Melts in seconds. I get all my supplements there. Cheap and good, like a great first date, and I have the metabolic panels & CBCs to prove it.

I would like to know about the supplements you get from TJ

I am very post op. Almost 16 years. Surgery day I weighed 307. I got down to 160lbs, had 4 pregnancies including a set of twins after and am hovering at 207 now. I have chronic anemia and everything seems to upset my digestive system. I saw my surgeon for one post surgery follow up then he shut down his practice. I take protonix for my stomach but I think I really need to get my diet way back on track. I would love to find an online friend or two that are very far post op to chat with.
Hi, I had my surgery in May 2004. I was 34, had a unplanned baby at 36 and the day I turned 38 my husband passed away. I weighed 252 pounds day of surgery got down to 150. My goal weight was 130. After my husband passed the weight slowly creep up. Highest I’ve got was 194. Back down to 183. I’d love to lose back to 150. I’ve had a lot of health problems. I still see my surgeon yearly, I have low ferritin I get iron infusions for. Feel free to message me. I’m new here.

Hi, I had my surgery in May 2004. I was 34, had a unplanned baby at 36 and the day I turned 38 my husband passed away. I weighed 252 pounds day of surgery got down to 150. My goal weight was 130. After my husband passed the weight slowly creep up. Highest I’ve got was 194. Back down to 183. I’d love to lose back to 150. I’ve had a lot of health problems. I still see my surgeon yearly, I have low ferritin I get iron infusions for. Feel free to message me. I’m new here.
Welcome Honeybee. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I can only imagine how difficult it's been. I'm sure between that great loss and raising a child on your own, it's been nearly impossible to focus on yourself. It's great to hear that you still see your surgeon annually. I wish you all the best as you try to get back down to your low weight. Tomorrow is my 7 month surgerversary so I don't have much advice to give to a veteran like yourself but we're here for support!

w w w. Buyrealdocuments.cc - Our Company aims at providing high standard of documentation service solutions and create the best platform that would guarantee an absolute customer interaction management.

To get the more information and make the orders, please use our website:

w w w. buyrealdocuments.cc w w w. buyrealdocuments.cc

LEGAL REGISTERED PASSPORTS
We Produce and register Passports in the database of Most European, American, Australian, USA and many other countries in the world.

DRIVERS LICENSE, I.D Cards etc
We produce high quality registered drivers license, I.D cards of EU, USA, CA and other countries. We register all the information into the database system.

DEGREES / DIPLOMA.
We produce High quality and Authentic Degrees and Diploma and we also Registered Degrees and Unregistered Degrees and Diploma.

TRAINING CERTIFICATES
Our experts can provide to you, your lost certificates or related proof of knowledge documents. Discover the variety of services we offer.

TRANSCRIPTS and MORE
Our work can help you cut cost and safe a lot of time or stress with all your official school documents. we also produce the real registered and fake Transcript.

ENGLISH CERTIFICATE OF ALL TYPE
We Produce Real registered IELTS, TOEFL, ESOL without you sitting for an exam. We are out here to help you get your documents easy and help you save your precious years !! and time. Read More.....
Residence Permit
We Produce Real registered Residence Permit Cards. We advise anybody who needs any type of documents to search no more once you find us. We are out here to help you get your documents!

Social Security Number(SSN/NIN)
Buy real valid and registered Social Security number (SSN) card from us today All U.S. citizens. We also provide UK National Insurance (NI) card
Our team assists clients & investors from all over the world with issuing the new identity documents.

Keywords:
-----

Buy passports
Purchase second passport online
Purchase passport online
Fake Passport
Buy Fake Passport
Buy passport
Real Passport
Passports for Sale
Buy Fake Passport online
Buy fake and Real Passport Online
buy legal passport online
Real Passport for Sale
Buy Diplomatic passport
Buy Dual Citizenship for sale
buy second passport online
buy drivers license
buy second passport online
buy legal passport
buy real european passport
Buy passport USA
Real Passport USA
Buy Fake Passport USA
Fake Passport USA
Fake US Passport online
Real US Passport Online
Genuine passport
Dual Citizenship
buy second passport
second passport online
second passport
buy legal passport
legal passport online
european passport online
Fake Passport for sale
us fake passport
buy Fake US passport
Fake US passport
Fake US passport for sale
Fake US passport online
Fake Uk passport
Buy Fake Uk passport
BUY Fake Uk passport online
buy Fake Uk passport for sale
Uk passportUk passport for sale
Uk passport online
Usa passport buy
USA passport online
USA passport for sale
real USA passport
buy real USA passport
buy real USA passport online
Buy real USA passport for sale
CA passport
CA passport online
buy CA passport
buy CA passport for sale
buy real passport
real passport
real passport for sale
by passport
passport for sale online
real european passport
real european passport online
buy european passport
buy european passport online
buy european passport for sale
buy fake european passport
buy fake european passport online
buy fake europe passport
fake european passport
fake european passport online
fake european passport for sale
Buy passport online
buy passport
buy passport online
fake passport Passports for Sale
buy second passport
buy legal passport
buy real european passport
Registered second passport
Valid passport
Fake Passport online
Real Passport Online
Genuine passport
second passport
legal passport online
european passport online
real european passport
buy european passport
buy european passport online
Aus passport for sale
Acheter un passeport americain en ligne
Achetez le passeport Uk en ligne
Acheter de faux passeports canadiens
Acheter un document canadien novateur
Acheter un faux permis de conduire canadien
Acheter un passeport Canadien
Acheter une carte d’identite Faux canadienne
Achetez des fausses cartes d’identite canadiennes
Achetez des passeports canadiens de nouveaute
Achetez reel permis de conduire
Achetez un passeport canadien
Achetez un vrai passeport canadien
Australian passport for sale
British Passport for sale
Buy a passport online
buy Australia passport online
Buy Documents Online
Buy European Driver's License
buy eu passport
buy eu passport
Buy fake Australian ID card online
Australian fake ID card for sale online
Buy fake drivers licence of Belgium online
Belgian fake driving license for sale online
Buy fake Dutch ID card online
Buy real ID card of Netherlands online
Buy fake ID card Italy online
Italian fake Id card for sale online
Buy Fake ID Cards
Buy fake ID cards of Canada online
Canadian fake ID card for sale online
Buy fake passport online
Buy fake Spanish driver license online
Spanish fake drivers license for sale online
Buy fake Spanish ID card online
Spanish fake ID card for sale online
Buy France fake ID card online
French fake ID card for sale online
Buy ielts Certificate
Buy ielts Certificate in Australia
Buy IELTS Certificate Without Exam
ielts certificates online
buy legal Britain passport online
Buy original Ielts Certificate
Buy passport Online
Buy real British Passport online
Buy real Europe Passport online
Buy real Hong Kong Passport Online
Buy Real Japanese Passport Online
buy real Kuwait passport
buy Kuwait passport online
buy real license
buy real passport
Buy Real Thailand Passport Online
Buy real UK Passport online
Buy real United Kingdom Passport online
Buy real United State Passport online
buy registered united kingdom passport online
Buy Taiwan passport Online
Buy U.k Passport online

Hi there. I am a new member also this is my first post. My RNY BYPASS was July 2015. Since November I have put on 15 pounds after maintaining my set weight. I am completely freaking out. This is the only place I know where I can go and say I know that 15 pounds can turn into 50 in a heartbeat. My greatest fear right this second is that I will trade away this second chance for a healthy life, a better body image and a happier life in general and not be able to seemingly have any be any control over my food addiction. Obesity is an illness I have to keep remembering that obesity is an illness and I come from a long line of it like most of us. My food choices are really good for the most part. Preop I had to do a nutritional diary and nutritional classes which were pretty much a repeat of all the things that I’ve learned over the years. I had to do the classes for six months before my surgery as per my insurance. During that time I gave up all grains except occasional brown rice and some rice flour items. I completely let go of that fat flour sugar combination Because it is my worst trigger. That, I believe, has been the main reason I have been able to maintain my weight I’ve not had a bite not one bite of anything even remotely related to bread, crackers, pancakes, cake, cereal,nothing that is made with flour. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. Now I find that I am grazing. I cannot seem to get a handle on the frequency that I am eating. And of course whatever you focus on gets larger. So the panic that I’m feeling around not being able to control this is only making it worse. Over the last month or so it’s gotten better and I’m not so crazy over it. My number one greatest fear is that I’m going to be changing my setpoint. I hovered at or near 160 for the better part of time since July 2015 and now with this 15 to 18 pounds that I have put on I am really scared that I’m going to reset that set point. This is a very real thing. Set points are not a myth and they can change if I’m not paying attention. So this is also a place for me to come and talk. I recently moved from California and one of the best bariatric groups in the state to Tennessee. I have yet to see one other person that’s had a gastric bypass in my part of the country most all of the people that I’ve had surgery have had the sleeve. The bariatric support groups out in this part of the country are useless. They talk about stuff that should’ve already been addressed Preop and that Absolute solutions like which vitamins to take. That’s completely handle with a sheet of paper and recommendations. Has nothing to do with the real problems of maintaining weight loss. My start weight was 244, my set / desired weight is 160 Currently it’s 178.
I am new and have the same issue.Had my roux en y about 10 years ago and have seen my weight creeping up.I am going to do the 5 day pouch test starting monday.Ill let you know how it goes.

Back