• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

One week out

Great snack ideas! How far out from surgery are you? Which surgery did you have? How has everything been going?
Thank you for asking. I had the RYGB almost 4 weeks ago. I've lost 20 lbs in the last month and had lost 20 in the 6 months before surgery with the help of my fantastic dietician. I am still not settled on a definite goal. Sometimes i am very hopeful, finally, that I may be able to look better someday. Sometimes I am very discouraged to have lost 40 lbs and no one has noticed and that it is going to take a LONG time.

Thanks so much!! I'm going to surgery Tuesday so I'm picking brains and stockpiling ideas and suggestions.
Good Luck!! The liver shrinking diet was not fun for me at all, but they insisted it was very important prior to surgery. It is a great idea to stock up at home before the surgery on things you know you can have. I really enjoyed sugar free popsicles when I got home from hospital.

Thank you for asking. I had the RYGB almost 4 weeks ago. I've lost 20 lbs in the last month and had lost 20 in the 6 months before surgery with the help of my fantastic dietician. I am still not settled on a definite goal. Sometimes i am very hopeful, finally, that I may be able to look better someday. Sometimes I am very discouraged to have lost 40 lbs and no one has noticed and that it is going to take a LONG time.
40 pounds is awesome, congrats!!! I do get what you're saying about no one noticing yet. It took some time for me too. I'm sure you can feel it in your clothes by now, take pride in that!

Once people do start to notice, they will be blown away because you'll be shrinking so fast. :)

after your surgery the first couple of days and longer will be one ounce every ten minute that's the reason for the one ounce cups or shot glass everything you consume will be one ounce at a time you will have to drink 32 shots of clear liquid before you will be released from hospital then when u get home you have to do 64 ounces a day I have not been able to do it yet Im three days post surgery but Im trying my best the hospital gave two sleeves of one ounce cups I which you all the luck in the world

Back